Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Weather Broke So I Ran

Wow, wow, wow....what a run. That was my best 5k in at least 20 years. It hasn't been since I last ran competitively that I have felt this good. Maybe it was the great weather, maybe it was all the mileage finally coming together reminding me how I used to do this thing...whatever it was it made or one of my best 5k runs in a good long while.
I think from here on, it is pushing myself to do some better telephone pole intervals and maybe ratcheting up the distance to 5 miles in the coming weeks.
Tomorrow is strength and conditioning day at All Star and then depending on the weather, Thursday will be the bike.

Nutrition is pretty much the same. Special K with some fresh bananas, 8 ounces coffee and 16 ounces OJ.

Lunch will probably be a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment