Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Bike

Well, the bike is repaired and good to go. It was now time to take it out and see if still knew how to ride a bike. So what better way to find out if you can ride a bike than by riding 10 miles into work. The first few miles worked, it was nice. The middle 3 or so miles had me saying...what the F am I doing and the final 2 miles were somewhat tolerable.
I started seeing differences in distance and how the body reacts. I can see how hydration and nutrition will help me in my coming months of training.
The good news is I know I can do the distance, the bad news is I have to yet to discover if I can pull all 3 together in one day.
I must confess I am enjoying the training process.

Nutrition so far today

Breakfast 2 bowls of Chex cereal, 1 10 ounce cup of coffee, 1 16 ounce glass of orange juice

1 20 ounce Gatorade after the ride

Lunch is next

No comments:

Post a Comment