Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Night Into Saturday Morning

Friday Night was one of my 3 weekly strength and conditioning sessions with my business partner and trainer, Brian Blue at All Star Sports Academy.
50 minute work-out consisting of core and strength work.
Core work included
Medicine Ball twists 8 on each side
Stability Ball pikes 12 total
TRX Tucks 10 total
Kettlebell Crunches 8 on each side
Frontal Plane Russian Hops 1 length of facility in each direction

Strength Work
Single Leg Kettlebell Presses 8 each side
Rotating Bar Presses with 25lb plate 8 eachside
Prowler march with 215lbs 1 length of facility
Jump up Chin ups 10 times
vertical Med Ball catch 8 each arm
Kettlebell walk 12 "steps"
Monster Truck Tire Flip with a squat thrust

Saturday morning was my 5k run. Good stuff!!! The weather was great and I am now doing telephone pole intervals to help increase my speed. I haven't got one of those fancy triathlon watches yet so I don't know what my time was. I can tell you though I felt faster than I did at the Jingle Bell run

Nutrition wise, dinner last night was 8 ounces pork with 1 cup of steamed rice. Beverage was bottled water with one of those little Gatorade Propel packages.
Breakfast this morning was 2 bowls of Chex cereal with 2% milk and 4 fresh strawberries a 10 ounce cup of coffee and a 8 ounce glass of real fresh squeezed orange juice.

I am going to rest up this afternoon because i am going to treat myself to some indoor soccer tonight with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment