Friday, January 15, 2010

And Then It Began...

Ok, I have decided to do it. I have been inspired by my cousin Dr. Aque Alamo and now I will enter the world of endurance sports. I will take on a triathlon. I hope to make this a complete account of every part of my training. How I trained, where I trained, what I ate and the results of each. I ran competitively a long time ago and even won a race (the 1984 Point Pleasant Seafood Festival 5 Mile). I raced in Fort Campbell while a member of the 101st Airborne Division but after a while beer, laziness, kids and excuses have taken over and alas...pounds have increased along with my 5k times. I will also keep track of my performance on www.beginnertriathlete.com.
I hope to post everyday or every other day as I train.
Here is what I have right now. I will train in Toms River, Seaside and the rest of the barrier island for both bike and running. The swim will be done at the YMCA until it gets a little warmer and I can use a wetsuit in the bay.
I will do my strength, conditioning, speed and agility at All Star Sports Academy in Toms River NJ www.allstarsportsacademynj.com
I will use Muscle Maker Grill, Pro-Grade and other athletic food sources for healthy food that will help increase my performance.
I will remember Dr. Alamo's famous words...it's all about looking good at the finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment